Powdered Brewery Wash (PBW) is an alkaline, non-caustic, environmentally and user friendly cleaner. It is not a sanitizer.
- Very effective in removing thick, difficult, and caked-on organic soils.
- Effective substitute for caustic soda cleaners and household cleaners.
- Can clean items that cannot be reached with a brush or sponge by simply soaking and rinsing.
- Safe on skin as well as stainless steel, rubber, soft metals, and on plastics. Do not use on aluminum or wood
- Rinse off vessel or surface to get rid of as much soil as possible.
- Dissolve 1-2 ounces per gallon for kettles and 3/4 ounces per gallon for fermenters, kegs, tanks, and other equipment. (May vary depending on soil load)
- If circulation cleaning, heat to 130°-180° F and circulate for at least 30 minutes.
- If soaking, heat to 140° and soak for 4 hours or allow to soak cold overnight.
- Rinse surface or vessel.