Water kefir grains (WKG) create a carbonated lacto-fermented beverage from sugar water, fruit juice, or coconut water. Incredibly easy to make, water kefir makes a fantastic non-dairy alternative to milk kefir and can be flavored to make a range of delicious beverages, or as an ingredient in many recipes!
- This box contains 1 packet of traditional, heirloom-style water kefir grains.
- Rehydration period of 3-4 days with unchlorinated, unfluoridated water and cane sugar is required before regular use.
- Cultures on the counter at 68°-85°F.
- Can be used to culture sugar water, fruit juice, and coconut water.
- Reusable culture - makes up to 2 quarts water kefir with every batch.
- Instructions for using this culture are included
- Organic sugar, live active cultures
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
- Manufactured in a facility that also produces products containing soy and dairy.
Shipping and Storage Information
- Water kefir grains are shipped in a dehydrated state in a barrier-sealed packet.
- For best results, store in a cool, dry place and use by the date on the box.
- Freezer storage is NOT recommended.
Additional Details About Water Kefir Grains
Water kefir grains can create a new batch of water kefir every 24-48 hours. One packet of grains can culture up to 8 cups of water. Finished water kefir (not grains) may be used to culture non-dairy milks, for a non-dairy milk kefir alternative.