Tablets are sold individually. If you want a package of 10 tablets, please order 10 units.
Use these vegetable rennet tablets for home cheesemaking.
- Each tablet is scored into 4 segments for ease of use.
- No animal byproducts.
- Yield: 1/2 tablet will set 2 gallons of milk in approximately 45 minutes at 86-95°F. Ten tablets will set approximately 40 gallons of milk.
- Gluten free, non-GMO.
Vegetable Rennet Tablets Ingredients
- Microbial coagulant (Mucur Pussillus and/or Mucur Miehei), Microcrystalline Cellulose, and Sodium Chloride USP
Instructions for Using Vegetable Rennet Tablets
- Crush desired portion of tablet and dissolve in 1/4 cup cool, non-chlorinated water.
- Add to milk when specified in recipe. Stir to distribute thoroughly.
- NEVER keep part of rennet solution for later use.
- When using store-bought milk you may need to add a little more rennet.
Shelf Life and Storage Information
Store rennet tablets in the freezer. They will last at least 3 years if stored properly.