Calf Lipase powder is an additive usedin home cheesemaking. Lipase enzymes enhance the flavor ofItalian and specialty type cheeses. The active lipase enzymewill produce a specific ratio of free fatty acids as a result ofmilkfat lipolysis when added directly to milk.
- 2 oz. bottle
- Helps create a mild "picante" flavor.
- Use mild lipase powder to make Mozzarella, Asiago, Provolone, Feta and Blue cheeses.
- Usage Rate: Use as directed by your recipe or as follows:
- For 2 gallons of milk, dissolve 1/8-1/4 tsp. lipase powder in 1/4 cup cool water 30 minutes before use.
- Add to milk just prior to rennet. Amount can be adjusted to taste, not to exceed 1/4 tsp. per 2 gallons of milk.
Mild Lipase Powder Ingredients
Shelf Life and Storage Information
Store in freezer for up to six months for optimal performance (after six months, a larger quantity may be required to achieve desired taste).